The Region of Peel serves a vibrant and culturally diverse community of more than 1.4 million residents and 88,000 businesses in Brampton, Caledon and Mississauga. Committed to service excellence, transparency in decision-making and responsible tax management, the Region delivers a wide range of municipal services that are customer-focused and cost-effective.
The Region of Peel has recently completed a Strategic Planning process that engaged our residents and stakeholders to answer one question: “What can you imagine for the future of Peel?” All the feedback received formed the path forward and the strategic direction for the Region over the next 20 years.
The Davis Centre Long Term Care located at 80 Allan Drive in Bolton is looking for a Dietary Aide that has completed their Food Service Worker Certificate and that brings passion and care to the work they do so why not choose a rewarding career with The Region of Peel's Long Term Care?
What's an Absolute Requirement? Availability!
We have a variety of different work shifts that are appealing to those looking for part-time work or balancing between another part-time job. We are looking for candidates who are available and willing to take on a variety of shifts throughout the week (please note there are no guarantee of hours).
Please check out our hours of work to see if this is the right fit for you...
6:30 AM -2:30 PM
7:00 AM -3:00 PM
7:30 AM - 2:00 PM
7:30 AM -12:00 PM
8:45 AM - 4:45 PM
11:00 AM -7:00 PM
3:00 PM -7:00 PM
What drives us? Providing excellent customer service to our residents and families - it’s in the heart of what we do! We have the unique ability to touch and make a positive difference in people's lives. If you thrive on a career built on rewarding experiences this may be the opportunity for you. Do you enjoy working in a fun, team-centred environment? Apply today!
Dietary Aide (Part-time)
Davis Centre LTC, Bolton
(Hwy 50 & Allan Drive)
Health Services – Long Term Care
Reporting to Dietary Supervisor (or designate) you will be responsible for performing all food service and preparation duties and other related tasks in the Dietary Department
• Prepare food and beverages as per food production schedule and posted menu. May cook simple dishes, pan, tend and remove items from the stove, microwave, retherm cart etc
• Maintain the kitchen , dining rooms and serveries in a clean and orderly manner
• Wash, scour and sanitize pots, pans and utensils
• Portion and serve meals in the dining rooms and prepare trays for distribution to other areas according to the Dietary Census
• Provide assistance to the residents in the dining room as necessary
• Work with the team to enhance the quality of life for residents by promotion meal service as a pleasurable dining experience
• May update dietary records as required
• Obtain food and supplies and may assist in the receiving, checking and storing of supplies as directed
• Other dietary aide responsibilities as per job description
• High School diploma is required
• Food Service Worker Certificate as approved by the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care’s program standards is required
• Must be willing to complete the Food Safety Certification course, as offered by the Public Health Division
• Must have effective oral and written communication skills in English
• Must be able to communicate appropriately with residents, staff, volunteers and visitors
• Must have a strong desire to work in a food service setting and ability to relate to older adults
• Must be physically able to perform all delegated duties
Compensation: As per collective agreement (UFCW)
Location: 80 Allan Drive, Bolton (Davis Centre LTC)
Hours of Work: No guarantee of hours. Must be available to work varied shifts days, evenings, weekends and holidays
If this opportunity matches your qualifications and experience, please apply online and complete the attached questionnaire
At the Region of Peel, we respect diversity and treat one another in ways that are fair, courteous and compassionate, recognizing everyone’s contributions. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to establishing a qualified workforce that is reflective of the diverse population we serve. The Region of Peel is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodation please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Please note that all applicants are encouraged to provide a valid email address for communication purposes. Applicants who provide an email address for this posted position will receive all written correspondence with respect to this job posting directly to the email address they have provided on their application. As an applicant, it is your responsibility to ensure that you check your email regularly to receive this correspondence..