The Region of Peel serves a vibrant and culturally diverse community of more than 1.4 million residents and 88,000 businesses in Brampton, Caledon and Mississauga. Committed to service excellence, transparency in decision-making and responsible tax management, the Region delivers a wide range of municipal services that are customer-focused and cost-effective.
The Region of Peel has recently completed a Strategic Planning process that engaged our residents and stakeholders to answer one question: “What can you imagine for the future of Peel?” All the feedback received formed the path forward and the strategic direction for the Region over the next 20 years.
Registered Nurse (Casual-Part-time)
Peel Manor Long Term Care- 525 Main St. North Brampton
Four (4) Casual Part Time Positions available
Health Services – Long Term Care
We are looking for a Compassionate and energetic Registered Nurses that bring passion and care to the work they do. Why not choose a rewarding career with The Region of Peel's Long Term Care?
What's an Absolute Requirement? Availability!
We have a variety of different work shifts that are appealing to those looking for part-time work. We are looking for candidates who are available and willing to take on a variety of shifts throughout the week and weekends (please note there are no guarantee of hours).
Please check out our hours of work to see if this is the right fit for you...
What drives us? Providing excellent customer service to our residents and families - it’s in the heart of what we do! We have the unique ability to touch and make a positive difference in people's lives. If you thrive on a career built on rewarding experiences this may be the opportunity for you.
Do you enjoy working in a fun, team-centred environment? Apply today!
Reporting to the Director of Care (or designate) you will provide nursing care in accordance with the College of Nurses Standards of Practice, administrative policies and procedures of the centre, and other applicable legislation.
• Apply the Nursing Process in the provision of individualized care to residents
• Responsible for the completion and updating, as required, of the Resident Plan of Care with input from the multidisciplinary team as required
• Communicate pertinent resident information to members of the nursing team and documents nursing care provided for each resident
• Responsible for the administration of medications and treatment as prescribed by the physician and in accordance with the College of Nurses of Ontario
• Responsible for the safekeeping of drug and narcotic keys
• Confer with physician on issues regarding residents’ health and carries out physician’s orders with follow-up documentation, as required
• Function effectively as a team member and leader in co-coordinating nursing assignment according to priorities established on her/his shift
• Communicate effectively and liaises with residents, families, visitors, Director of Care and other members of the multidisciplinary team
• Provide supervision and assistance in the dining room to ensure that all residents receive the appropriate diet and experience quality dining service
• Responsible for ensuring prompt response to nurse call and alarm systems
• Provide leadership, oversee and evaluate nursing care provided by nursing personnel on his/her team in accordance with the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care standards and policies and procedures
• Participate in the evaluation of staff members on the unit, as part of a team process
• Complete and analyze resident incident/accident reports, and implement corrective action as appropriate
• Maintain a safe working environment by adhering to proper procedures and prompt reporting of unsafe conditions
• Complete staff incident/accident reports and forwards to DOC and/or designate
• Provide health teaching to residents and family and acts as an advocate
• Maintain good relationships with the residents, staff, volunteers and visitors
• Attend in-service education sessions, staff meetings, workshops, etc., as directed by the DOC to maintain competency in long-term care
• Assist in the orientation of new nursing staff as required
• Participate in relevant aspects of the Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) program to evaluate and improve client services
• Monitor CQI indicators and reports on a monthly basis to the DOC
• Participate in committees as required
• Present and assists in developing approved in-service education programs within the centre
• Co-ordinate and attend resident care conferences
• Monitor and control the usage of medical and personal care supplies
• Report health and safety hazards, actively participates in eliminating causes of accidents, and performs emergency and occupational health and safety measures as required (WHMIS, Infection Control, Fire)
• Perform other delegated duties as assigned
• Current certificate of competence as a Registered Nurse with the College of Nurses of Ontario
• Certificate in Gerontology is an asset
• Experience in geriatric or long-term care, rehabilitation, medical/surgical, and psychiatric nursing is preferred
• Strong leadership, interpersonal and teamwork abilities
• Must have effective oral and written communication skills in English
• Must be able to communicate appropriately with residents, staff, professionals, visitors and volunteers
• Must be able to work independently and within a team structure
• Proficiency in basic computer skills is a requirement
• Must be physically able to perform all delegated duties
Compensation: As per the Collective Agreement (ONA)
Location: 525 Main St. North Brampton- Peel Manor Long Term Care
Hours of work: No guarantee of hours. Available Shifts include:3pm-11pm, 11pm-7am, every other weekend and holidays
If this opportunity matches your qualifications and experience, please apply online and complete the attached questionnaire.
At the Region of Peel, we respect diversity and treat one another in ways that are fair, courteous and compassionate, recognizing everyone’s contributions. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to establishing a qualified workforce that is reflective of the diverse population we serve. The Region of Peel is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodation please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Please be advised, the Region of Peel uses email to communicate with their applicants for open job competitions. It is the applicant’s responsibility to include an updated email address that is checked daily and accepts emails from unknown users. As we send time sensitive correspondence via email (i.e. testing bookings, interview dates), it is imperative that applicants check their email regularly. If we do not hear back from applicants, we will assume that you are no longer interested in the Job Competition and your application will be removed from the Competition.