The Region of Peel serves a vibrant and culturally diverse community of more than 1.4 million residents and 88,000 businesses in Brampton, Caledon and Mississauga. Committed to service excellence, transparency in decision-making and responsible tax management, the Region delivers a wide range of municipal services that are customer-focused and cost-effective.
The Region of Peel has recently completed a Strategic Planning process that engaged our residents and stakeholders to answer one question: “What can you imagine for the future of Peel?” All the feedback received formed the path forward and the strategic direction for the Region over the next 20 years.
Registered Practical Nurse (Part-time)
Peel Manor Long Term Care- 525 Main St. N. Brampton
Four (4) positions available
Health Services – Long Term Care
CUPE LOCAL 966
We are looking for a Compassionate and energetic Registered Practical Nurses that brings passion and care to the work they do so why not choose a rewarding career with The Region of Peel's Long Term Care?
What's an Absolute Requirement? Availability!
We have a variety of different work shifts that are appealing to those looking for part-time work or balancing between another part-time job. We are looking for candidates who are available and willing to take on a variety of shifts throughout the week and weekends (please note there are no guarantee of hours).
Please check out our hours of work to see if this is the right fit for you...
What drives us? Providing excellent customer service to our residents and families - it’s in the heart of what we do! We have the unique ability to touch and make a positive difference in people's lives. If you thrive on a career built on rewarding experiences this may be the opportunity for you.
Do you enjoy working in a fun, team-centred environment? Apply today!
Reporting to Director of Care (or designate) you will be responsible for the provision of quality, resident-centered care based on the College of Nurses of Ontario and the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care Standards, the Regional Values, policies and procedures, and best practice guidelines.
• Provide guidance and leadership to the Personal Care Attendants on the unit
• Utilize critical thinking, a problem solving process and a customer service focus in the application of duties
• Work in consultation with the Registered Nurse to assess the health needs of residents
• Function as a participating member of the multidisciplinary health care team
• Registered Practical Nurse responsibilities as per job description
• Current certificate of competence as a Registered Practical Nurse with the College of Nurses of Ontario
• If graduation was prior to 1985 must have successfully completed an approved medication administration course for the R.P.N.
• Must have effective oral and written communication skills in English, and a good understanding of customer service concepts
• Must be able to communicate appropriately with residents, staff, visitors, volunteers and medical professionals
• Proficiency in basic computer skills is a requirement
• Must be physically able to perform all delegated duties
Compensation: As per the Collective Agreement (CUPE Local 966)
Location: 525 Main Street N., Brampton (Peel Manor LTC)
Hours of work: No guarantee of hours. Various shifts, including evenings, nights, every other weekend and holidays.
If this opportunity matches your qualifications and experience, please apply online and complete the attached questionnaire.
At the Region of Peel, we respect diversity and treat one another in ways that are fair, courteous and compassionate, recognizing everyone’s contributions. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to establishing a qualified workforce that is reflective of the diverse population we serve. The Region of Peel is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodation please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Please note that all applicants are encouraged to provide a valid email address for communication purposes. Applicants who provide an email address for this posted position will receive all written correspondence with respect to this job posting directly to the email address they have provided on their application. As an applicant, it is your responsibility to ensure that you check your email regularly to receive this correspondence..