The Region of Peel serves a vibrant and culturally diverse community of more than 1.4 million residents and 88,000 businesses in Brampton, Caledon and Mississauga. Committed to service excellence, transparency in decision-making and responsible tax management, the Region delivers a wide range of municipal services that are customer-focused and cost-effective.
The Region of Peel has recently completed a Strategic Planning process that engaged our residents and stakeholders to answer one question: “What can you imagine for the future of Peel?” All the feedback received formed the path forward and the strategic direction for the Region over the next 20 years.
Facility Aide (Part-time)
Malton Village (Hwy 427 & Woodbine Ave)
Health Services – Long Term Care
CUPE Local 966
Malton Village LTC located at 7075 Rexwood Road, Mississauga is looking for a Facility Aide that has experience in housekeeping and laundry and that brings passion and care to the work they do so why not choose a rewarding career with The Region of Peel's Long Term Care?
What's an Absolute Requirement? Availability!
We have a variety of different work shifts that are appealing to those looking for part-time work We are looking for candidates who are available and willing to take on a variety of shifts throughout the week (please note there are no guarantee of hours).
Please check out our hours of work to see if this is the right fit for you...
7:00 am -3:00 pm Monday-Sunday
11:00 am-7:00 pm Monday-Sunday
What drives us? Providing excellent customer service to our residents and families - it’s in the heart of what we do! We have the unique ability to touch and make a positive difference in people's lives. If you thrive on a career built on rewarding experiences this may be the opportunity for you.
Do you enjoy working in a fun, team-centred environment? Apply today!
Reporting to Facility Supervisor (or designate) you will perform housekeeping and laundry services in the Long Term Care Facilities.
• Maintain the cleanliness of the centre, including cleaning furnishings and equipment
• Sweep, damp mop, spray buff, strip and refinish all floor surfaces and stairways
• Vacuum and shampoo all carpets and upholstered furniture
• Remove waste and recycling and keep all containers clean and lined
• Replenish paper towels, tissue and soap dispensers
• Collect residents’ personal clothing, labels as necessary, wash and return items to the residents within forty-eight (48) hours
• Correctly sorts items requiring dry cleaning, mending and/or ironing to be sent off-site
• Collect linens for sorting and laundering and returns them to the appropriate storage area
• Follow infection control processes as per MOHLTC standard
• Complete laundry log sheets each shift
• Set up and take down furniture for functions
• Report building deficiencies and faulty equipment
• Report health and safety hazards, actively participates in eliminating causes of accidents, and performs emergency occupational health and safety measures as required (WHMIS, Infection Control, Fire)
• Follow policies and procedures
• Provide occasional direct resident assistance such as portering and emergency evacuation
• Must be flexible to accommodate rotating assignments
• Maintain good relationships with the residents, staff, volunteers and visitors
• Facility Aide responsibilities as per job description
Compensation: As per collective agreement- CUPE LOCAL 966
Location: 7075 Rexwood Road, Mississauga (Malton Village LTC)
Hours of Work: No guarantee of hours, various shifts 7:00am-3:00 pm and 11:00 am-7:00pm, including weekends, days, evenings and holidays
If this employment opportunity matches your interest and experience, please apply online and complete the attached questionnaire.
At the Region of Peel, we respect diversity and treat one another in ways that are fair, courteous and compassionate, recognizing everyone’s contributions. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to establishing a qualified workforce that is reflective of the diverse population we serve. The Region of Peel is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodation please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Please note that all applicants are encouraged to provide a valid email address for communication purposes. Applicants who provide an email address for this posted position will receive all written correspondence with respect to this job posting directly to the email address they have provided on their application. As an applicant, it is your responsibility to ensure that you check your email regularly to receive this correspondence..