The Region of Peel serves a vibrant and culturally diverse community of more than 1.4 million residents and 88,000 businesses in Brampton, Caledon and Mississauga. Committed to service excellence, transparency in decision-making and responsible tax management, the Region delivers a wide range of municipal services that are customer-focused and cost-effective.
The Region of Peel has recently completed a Strategic Planning process that engaged our residents and stakeholders to answer one question: “What can you imagine for the future of Peel?” All the feedback received formed the path forward and the strategic direction for the Region over the next 20 years.
NURSING ATTENDANT (PSW) (Part-time)
Peel Manor LTC, 525 Main Street N.,Brampton
Health Services – Long Term Care
CUPE Local #966
Six (6) positions available
We are looking for compassionate and energetic Nursing Attendants (PSW's) who bring passion and care to the work they do so why not choose a rewarding career with The Region of Peel's Long Term Care?
What's an Absolute Requirement? Availability!
We are looking for candidates who are available and willing to take on evening and night shifts (please note there are no guarantee of hours).
Please check out our hours of work to see if this is the right fit for you...
What drives us? Providing excellent customer service to our residents and families - it’s in the heart of what we do! We have the unique ability to touch and make a positive difference in people's lives. If you thrive on a career built on rewarding experiences this may be the opportunity for you.
Do you enjoy working in a fun, team-centred environment? Apply today!
Reporting to Director of Care (or designate) you will be responsible for the provision of quality, resident-centered, personal care to the residents based on the residents’ abilities and preferences, the principles of customer service, the Regional Values, policies and procedures.
• Function as a participating member of the multidisciplinary health care team
• Assist in providing emotional and physical comfort and safety to the residents
• Observe and report changes in the resident’s physical and emotional conditions
• Help ensure that each resident receives the proper diet, assist with meal serving and feed or assist residents
• Assist in maintaining the residents units in a clean and tidy fashion
• Attend in-service training as required
• Nursing Attendant responsibilities as per job description
• High School Diploma is required
• Personal Support Worker Certificate, graduation from a program whose curriculum has been approved by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities is required
• Must have effective oral and written communication skills in English, and a good understanding of customer service concepts
• Must be able to communicate appropriately with the residents, staff, visitors, volunteers and medical professionals
• Must be able to work well with others in a team setting
• Must be physically able to perform all delegated duties
Compensation: As per the Collective Agreement CUPE LOCAL #966
Location: 525 Main Street North, Brampton (Peel Manor LTC)
Hours of work:Hours of work: No guarantee of hours. Must be available to work evenings, nights, weekends and holidays.
If this opportunity matches your qualifications and experience, please apply online and complete the attached questionnaire.
At the Region of Peel, we respect diversity and treat one another in ways that are fair, courteous and compassionate, recognizing everyone’s contributions. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to establishing a qualified workforce that is reflective of the diverse population we serve. The Region of Peel is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodation please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Please note that all applicants are encouraged to provide a valid email address for communication purposes. Applicants who provide an email address for this posted position will receive all written correspondence with respect to this job posting directly to the email address they have provided on their application. As an applicant, it is your responsibility to ensure that you check your email regularly to receive this correspondence..