Advisor, Early Years
Contract Full Time: up to 24 months
Early Years & Child Care Services-Human Services
Are you looking for an opportunity to make a positive difference in the early years and child care community in Peel? Are you a systems thinker? Do you feel passionate about improving outcomes for families? Do you have a background in Early Years & Child Care?
We require an innovative advisor who can think strategically to achieve desired outcomes on a systems & operational level.
This role will use critical analysis, research and data analysis skills to lead the review of existing Child Care and Early Year programs (e.g. Child Care Fee Subsidy, Special Needs Resourcing, General Operating Funding, etc.). This review will use a human-centered program design approach and consider legislative requirements and local Service System Manager discretion to put forward program and procedure recommendations that are responsive to local need.
You will devise strategies to implement the recommendations such as ongoing monitoring and evaluation to ensure the successful implementation of Child Care and Early Years programs.
- Review of existing Child Care and Early Year program (e.g. Child Care Fee Subsidy, Special Needs Resourcing, and General Operating Funding) and put forward program and procedure recommendations to improve the delivery of services and client experience.
- Support strategic oversight of the $150M+ budget for numerous Early Years and Child Care (EYCC) funding programs and system accountabilities
- Collaborate with partners and lead service system manager responsibilities to help ensure provincial and local priorities are being met
- Support the ability to make evidence-informed policy and funding decisions that are aligned with evolving EYCC system priorities
- Ensure the development and updating of existing EYCC policies and procedures and accountability frameworks as they relate to SSM responsibilities in light of changing provincial and local direction
- Provide strategic policy, analytical, evaluation, data gathering and modelling/planning support and establish metrics and business intelligence mechanisms to support service system manager responsibilities as they relate to assessing the economic viability of Peel’s EYCC system and the impact of public funding
- Provide expert policy and funding advice and analysis to support service system management responsibilities and accountabilities within a period of rapid system change
- Manage a team of staff responsible for supporting oversight of Peel’s EYCC system by moving forward ongoing system change through various initiatives and projects
- Staffing responsibilities include a variety of activities such as hiring, coaching, motivating, developing job objectives, managing performance, assigning and delegating work and ensuring quality and service standards are met; develops and empowers staff by providing regular feedback, strategic direction and involvement in key decision-making processes where appropriate
- Ongoing and regular policy development and system level analysis is required to ensure funding is being used to maximize system outcomes and meet evolving local need and aligns with provincial and local direction
- Provide strategic advice and proposed policy options and recommended funding approaches to support evidence-informed decisions that are aligned with evolving EYCC system priorities and provincial and local direction
- Develop new funding and policy approaches for Peel’s EYCC system with the ability to identify and assess implications as they relate to different funding models and policies and their corresponding impacts on system partners and the overall EYCC budget
- Responsible for staying abreast of rapidly evolving provincial direction to identify need for developing new local policies and updating of existing policies and accountability frameworks as they relate to broadened service system manager responsibilities/accountabilities. This involves regular communication with provincial and local partners, internal colleagues with shared service system manager responsibilities, undertaking research, analysis and being able to quickly interpret new policies/legislation
- A post-secondary education in Human Services or related field, such as social sciences, financial administration, early years and child care or public administration with at least five years of related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- At least three years of senior advisory and/or leadership experience
- Specialization in development and implementation of transformational policies and funding models and related accountability frameworks at large system levels
- Experience with implementing broad legislative/regulatory frameworks within Early Years and Child Care system and supporting strategic oversight of large and complex funding programs and frameworks
- Strong knowledge and understanding of EYCC system including evolving provincial policies and legislative/regulatory changes
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills to support evolving service system manager responsibilities with a focus on assessing overall viability of Peel's EYCC system and impact of public funding
- Ability to assess and interpret policies and legislation/regulations and experience working directly with large and complex funding frameworks
- Senior level policy analysis, research, evaluation, data gathering and modelling/planning skills
- Strong financial acumen at a systems and operational level
- Superior advisory skills to support strategic oversight of numerous EYCC funding programs and ensuring system outcomes are met and risks managed
- Strong system level strategic and innovative thinking and change management skills at the micro and macro system level to support system transformation
- Skilled in developing community engagement strategies and processes to ensure stakeholders are engaged as a component of integrated planning and delivery of services, and stakeholder issues and relationships are managed
- Superior report writing and presentation skills for a wide array of audiences, including departmental senior leadership and system partners
- Strong analysis of system data and trends is required
Location: 10 Peel Centre Drive, Brampton
Hours of work: – 8:30am to 4:30pm Monday through Friday
If this opportunity matches your skills and qualifications, please apply online.