The Region of Peel serves a vibrant and culturally diverse community of more than 1.4 million residents and 88,000 businesses in Brampton, Caledon and Mississauga. Committed to service excellence, transparency in decision-making and responsible tax management, the Region delivers a wide range of municipal services that are customer-focused and cost-effective.
The Region of Peel has recently completed a Strategic Planning process that engaged our residents and stakeholders to answer one question: “What can you imagine for the future of Peel?” All the feedback received formed the path forward and the strategic direction for the Region over the next 20 years.
Maintenance Person (Part-time)
Health Services – Long Term Care
Sheridan Villa LTC (QEW & Erin Mills Parkway area)
Health Services, Long Term Care
CUPE Local 966
Sheridan Villa Long Term Care centre is looking for an experienced Maintenance Person that brings passion and care to the work they do so why not choose a rewarding career with The Region of Peel's Long Term Care?
What's an Absolute Requirement? Availability!
We are looking for candidates who are available and willing to take on a variety of shifts throughout the week and weekends (please note there are no guarantee of hours).
Please check out our hours of work to see if this is the right fit for you...
7:00 am-3:00 pm
3:00 pm-11:00 pm
What drives us? Providing excellent customer service to our residents and families - it’s in the heart of what we do! We have the unique ability to touch and make a positive difference in people's lives. If you thrive on a career built on rewarding experiences this may be the opportunity for you.
Do you enjoy working in a fun, team-centred environment? Apply today!
Reporting to Facility Supervisor (or designate) you will provide maintenance services in a long term care centre. All services shall be organized to provide a safe, comfortable, clean, well maintained environment for residents, staff and visitors.
• Perform general maintenance duties and repairs
• Make preliminary diagnosis and refers major building system malfunctions immediately
• Perform routine preventative maintenance duties
• Pick up garbage and recyclable materials throughout the building
• Complete written daily reports and other reports
• Follow policies and procedures
• Complete all projects within the assigned deadline
• Move furniture and equipment and complete minor renovations as directed
• Report health and safety hazards, actively participate in eliminating causes of accidents, and perform emergency occupational health and safety measures as required (WHMIS, Infection Control, Fire)
• Inspect to ensure that all electrical, mechanical, plumbing, carpentry and fire and safety equipment are kept in good condition
• Maintain good relationships with the residents, staff, volunteers and visitors
• Performs snow removal as required
• Maintenance Person responsibilities as per job description.
• High School Diploma is required
• Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in general maintenance procedures is required
• Trades qualifications and/or recognized trades experience in plumbing, electricity and/or Stationary Engineering a definite asset
• Ontario G Driver’s license is required for certain locations
• Must have effective oral and written communication skills in English
• Must have basic computer skills in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word)
• Must be able to communicate appropriately with residents, staff, volunteers and visitors
• Must be physically able to perform all delegated duties.
Location: 2460 Truscott Drive, Mississauga (Sheridan Villa LTC)
Hours of Work: Various shifts including days (7:00 am-3:00 pm), afternoons (3:00pm to 11:00pm), weekends and holidays, no guarantee of hours.
If this opportunity matches your qualifications and experience, please apply online.
Please note: Successful candidates hired to work within any of The Region of Peel’s Long Term Care Homes are required to provide the following information prior to hire:
· Vulnerable Sector Police Check
· TB Skin Testing
It is the responsibility of the successful candidate to pay for any associated costs of the above noted checks
At the Region of Peel, we respect diversity and treat one another in ways that are fair, courteous and compassionate, recognizing everyone’s contributions. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to establishing a qualified workforce that is reflective of the diverse population we serve. The Region of Peel is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodation please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Please note that all applicants are encouraged to provide a valid email address for communication purposes. Applicants who provide an email address for this posted position will receive all written correspondence with respect to this job posting directly to the email address they have provided on their application. As an applicant, it is your responsibility to ensure that you check your email regularly to receive this correspondence..