The Region of Peel serves a vibrant and culturally diverse community of more than 1.4 million residents and 88,000 businesses in Brampton, Caledon and Mississauga. Committed to service excellence, transparency in decision-making and responsible tax management, the Region delivers a wide range of municipal services that are customer-focused and cost-effective.
The Region of Peel has recently completed a Strategic Planning process that engaged our residents and stakeholders to answer one question: “What can you imagine for the future of Peel?” All the feedback received formed the path forward and the strategic direction for the Region over the next 20 years.
Representative Utility Billing
Contract-Part-Time, Thirteen (13) months
Public Works – Operations Support
Reporting to the Supervisors in Billing Operations you will provide administrative and telephone customer support service with respect to utility billing issues. Provide written correspondence to customers, answer emails, work with internal groups to ensure information is accurate and up-to-date
● You will respond to customer telephone requests to address utility billing related information using established guidelines
● You will respond to lawyer's requests for account status and arrears, accurately process change of ownership information into billing software and resolve conflicting information or closing problem issues
● Process, balance and monitor daily electronic billings
● Calculate billing adjustments, process meter readings including calculating pro rated readings
● Work closely with other sections to obtain information required to successfully resolve issues, assess information gathered by field workers and process action memos to resolve inconsistencies
● High School diploma and three (3) years relevant office experience in a fast-paced customer service/call centre Utility Billing environment
● Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered
● Superior customer service skills
● Strong judgment, tact, and diplomacy to handle difficult clients
● Organized, with the ability to multi-tasking, prioritize and process a high volume workload
● Proficient computer skills including Word, Outlook and Excel
● Strong accounting and math skills
● Experience using a computerized billing system, a utility-based system would be considered an asset
● Exposure to Aqua Peel, Customer Care and Billing and Avaya would be considered an asset
No. of Openings & Position Location: Six (6) Contract, Part-Time, Thirteen (13) months – 10 Peel Centre Drive, Suite B, Brampton
Hours of Work: 17.5 Hours per week, position requires flexibility between the hours of 8:30AM-4:30PM, Monday to Friday
If this opportunity matches your interest and experience, please apply online
At the Region of Peel, we respect diversity and treat one another in ways that are fair, courteous and compassionate, recognizing everyone’s contributions. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to establishing a qualified workforce that is reflective of the diverse population we serve. The Region of Peel is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodation please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Please note that all applicants are encouraged to provide a valid email address for communication purposes. Applicants who provide an email address for this posted position will receive all written correspondence with respect to this job posting directly to the email address they have provided on their application. As an applicant, it is your responsibility to ensure that you check your email regularly to receive this correspondence..