Advisor, Workforce Analytics (People Analytics)
Corporate Services- Human Resources
Are you creative, innovative and client focused with the ability to respond and adapt to the changing needs of business and users?
We are looking for an enthusiastic candidate who promotes collaboration, teamwork and who can meet client and business objectives.
This position is responsible to lead the workforce analytics program from a technical and creative perspective to develop innovative solutions and supports for ongoing Human Resources (HR) operations, planning and outcomes measurement work to support internal programs and enterprise-wide initiatives.
- Lead key projects and portfolios supporting the execution of the HR Workforce Analytics Strategy as well as the operations of the HR workforce analytics function
- Provide expert level direction and guidance on functional data management decision making and support in areas such as data access/security, data structure, data cleansing, collaboration and data visualization (conventional, web-based and interactive), performance measurement, statistical analysis and data integration
- Design and direct highly complex and specialized statistical analysis and problem-solving utilizing data from widely varied programs and services to help identify and optimize system linkages and achieve program objectives
- Develop and deploy sophisticated data mining techniques to analyze historical data to discover trends and patterns and develop algorithms to validate existing assumptions and processes
- Design complex and sophisticated data visualization, advanced web graphic technology and interactive tools to make large datasets coherent to better understand patterns and explain complex issues and results to decision-makers, partners and the general public
- Accountability for establishing, maintaining, optimizing and maximizing Return on Investment (ROI) from workforce related data sets
- Develop and influence internal relationships with client groups to ensure Workforce Analytics solutions align with the Workforce Analytics Strategy and the Enterprise Business Intelligence Strategy.
- Provide expert guidance and advice in the design and delivery of assigned projects including developing and implementing highly technical and complex quantitative/analytical solutions and algorithms, determining project priorities/scope and accountability for quality and accuracy of output
- Ensure adherence to policies, standards, procedures and best practices (governance) related to the following areas: information privacy, data integration, Master Data Management, data warehousing, data quality, and data utilization for workforce related data and information
- Monitor emerging industry trends and adjust governance, tools, advice and recommendations accordingly for all program and service responsibilities and champion the workforce analytics program
- Communicate findings, measurement reporting and evaluation of options with management and various stakeholders
- Maintain collaborative and supportive working relationships with key stakeholders such as senior management, staff and other key internal and relevant external groups
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree with minimum 5 - 8 years’ experience in Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Computational Geometry, Actuarial Science or Data Science related discipline plus 3-5 years’ applied experience related to a minimum of three of the following subject areas: descriptive/predictive modeling, distributed network analysis, adaptive recommendation systems, machine learning, fraud detection algorithms and behaviour modelling; Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered
- Experience in building a people analytics program and value added workforce metrics is preferred
- Experience working within the Human Resources industry is an asset
- Experience utilizing technical analytics tools such as SPSS, SAS, STATA, SYSTAT, R and text analytics
- Expertise and experience assembling a blend of classical and advanced components like artificial intelligence, pattern recognition, databases, traditional statistics and graphics tools to identify relationships, correlations, trends and patterns found within structured and unstructured data sets
- Advanced skills in structural equation modeling, generating decision trees, cluster analysis, text analytics, and data visualization
- Expert knowledge of BI concepts and data mining techniques e.g. associations discovery, sequential pattern discovery, classification, clustering and forecasting
- Experience with data visualization tools including open source and commercial packages and libraries, as well as the ability to create custom visualizations using combinations of linked tools
- Proficient in use of MS office tools, in particular Excel and Access
- Public sector experience in support of diverse programs and services is preferred
- Professional Designations including SAS, Certified Analytics Professional, Certified Data Management Professional (CDMP), Certified Business Intelligence Professional (CBIP) or Advanced Programming skills are considered as assets
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to use story telling in order to communicate technical data into easy to understand concepts
- Ability to facilitate small to larger group sessions and present to various audiences including Senior Leadership
- Able to manage and oversee complex workplans and projects
Work Location: 10 Peel Centre Drive, Brampton
Hours of work: 35 hours /week- Monday through Friday
If this opportunity matches your qualifications and experience, please apply online.